Thursday, June 25, 2009

PARTS OF MY PAST


Today I woke up thinking about "death" and how I need to make a will. Then ironically this day brought 2 terrible losses..parts of my life as I grew up...Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Farah and her beautiful hair...how I wished I looked like her and envied her fitness even as she got older and Michael...his songs were all I played at my wedding and the time I followed him in his white van with my Datsun B210 down the Dan Ryan from White Sox Park to Michigan Avenue. "The Victory Tour" and my husband actually being on the news as he sat camped out at the head of the line to get tickets for it because I wanted to go so badly. I had a terrible crush on him during his Thriller days. I will never forget the Motown 25 show when I first saw him "Moondance". He was awesome! His talent and creativity were like no other. His popularity crossed generations. Bless Michael and Farah and may they rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment